[Gllug] Evolution won't fetch my mail (Help)

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Tue Aug 6 14:38:53 UTC 2002

>And RMAIL/Gnus is bad because? [No, it's a serious question: I do my
>best typing in Emacs, so the idea that people who *could* use it
>*wouldn't* is ... worrying...]

It's bad because emacs is evil and vi is the One True Way.

There, that should have stirred things up a bit. Sit back and let
the flames commence :-) Seriously, though, in nearly 2 decades of
using vi, the concept of switching to emacs just doesn't sit well
with me. I've tried some of the vi emulators for emacs, and the
best of them (I think it was VILE) was still a) noticably slower
than native vi, and b) lacking the full functionality of vi.

I'm sure it's a perfectly good solution for others, but it's
Not For Me(tm).

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk