[Gllug] OT computers in the movies

SteveC steve at fractalus.com
Tue Aug 27 10:49:34 UTC 2002

Hope everyone has had time to recover from the carnival :-) [or for those
in Geneva, you had a nice day at work while we had a bank holiday :-)]

I saw The Sum Of All Fears the other day, and was surprised to see that
F16s on a combat run fly above cloud with their navigation lights on.
They should obviously have painted "we are here" on the side of the plane,
maybe trailing one of those air-signs.. Also when encrypting mail, you get
to see the encrypted chars in a pane below your email as you type...
fascinating stuff..

Anyone have better examples of computer fantasy at the movies? I know
MacOS made it into Independance Day right? Windows has been in lots of
films but what about Linux? :-)

*apart* from linux rendering the movie, of course...

have fun,

SteveC steve at fractalus.com http://www.fractalus.com/steve/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk