[Gllug] Silent Wings - Thermal emulation

jim jim at madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Aug 7 15:03:39 UTC 2002

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, t.clarke wrote:
> Be interesting to see if they could emulate a 'stubble fire' (although sadly
> such things are now long gone in the UK !)

A modern glider simulator set in the UK could get the same effect by
including fields of burning cows.

I suspect that correct simulation of air currents, thermals and
whathaveyou might even be _distinctly_ nontrivial.

jim
--
http://madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk/people/jim/
"... I naturally gravitated to London, that great cesspool into which all the

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk