[Gllug] spam

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Fri Aug 9 22:20:23 UTC 2002

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Daniel Andersson wrote:

> what do you people use on your mailservers to get rid of spam?

I run a combination of ordb and an inhouse filter on proven spam filters.

> recently put ordb.org, mail-abuse.org and spamhaus.org into the sendmail
> config on one of our servers
> still getting a large amount of spam :o(

You will. ordb is only relays, mail-abuse.org may be the same depending
upon which list you are using. spamhous.org is less than reliable.

We maintain our own spam source RBL and it blocks 2.5 messages for every
one blocked by ordb by targeting proven sources of spam.

We still get some spam through however we only receive non-relayed spam
from a source once and then it is blacklisted. The amount of spam in my
mailbox has dropped dramatically over the past couple of months since the
list took off properly.

It's not a perfect solution however it works well enough.

Jason Clifford
--
UKPOST.COM	 	           get your @ukpost.com address now...
http://www.ukpost.com/	 	   professional hosting and colocation