[Gllug] UKREG

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Fri Aug 30 12:27:37 UTC 2002

Vincent AE Scott wrote:

>Ian Norton(bredroll at atari.org)@Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 10:32:17AM +0100:
>

>>I have been having brain squashing frustration with UKREG, they are cheap which
>>is good, but..
>>
>>I registered two TLDs with them, thier site has a facility to change the
>>authorative nameservers (what they dont say is you have to pay to move it to a
>>non 'registered' dns) bah i thought, oh well, ill use the host records edit
>>thing they have, thats free, cool i thought, I added my subdomain and IP into
>>the boxes, no luck, it said 'added your host record' heh yeah, hmmm..
>>
>>this appears to have had zero effect on the actual domain, anyone else hate
>>ukreg like me ?
>>

>maybe you just have to wait for the records to propogate?

can you query they name servers directly:

dig ukreg.com ns

;; ANSWER SECTION:
ukreg.com.              172800  IN      NS      DNS.FASTHOSTS.CO.UK.
ukreg.com.              172800  IN      NS      DNS1.FASTHOSTS.CO.UK.

dig @DNS.FASTHOSTS.CO.UK mydomain

should tell you whether they have the new data, unless of course they
only run the update script once every 12 hours!

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk