[Gllug] Missing children from Soham

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Tue Aug 13 11:58:39 UTC 2002

Alain Williams(addw at phcomp.co.uk)@Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 11:54:50AM +0100:

> Hmmm makes me feel glad{*} that when I last sent a laptop off for repair that I
> removed the hard disk. The reason that I did so was 'cos I didn't want some clueless
> engineer doing some M$ disk check & deciding that something was wrong & so reinstalling
> the boot sector (or worse) -- something that I have seen before.
>
> This was Gateway (nice PCs, crappy admin). It still came back with the job log claiming
> that it had been virus checked.
>
> {*} Not 'cos I have p0rn sitting on my disk, but more that I don't like people
> poking around in my files.

Funny isnt it?  How if you say your for privacy and less snooping by the
man, that you get cast as someone with something to hide.  therefore,
also guilty of some crime yet to be found against you.

this tactic of making people appear guilty of something just by
disagreement over snooping powers makes me increasingly worried.

i'm sure this is going to happen more and more, and the the sheeple will
blindly follow along.

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 Giving everyone an equal opportunity, when they're clearly not equal,
 is called what children?
 Communism!
 -- Edna Krabappel

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk