[Gllug] Maxtrox G400 dualhead interference?

Philippe Rousselot linux at rousselot.org
Fri Aug 23 12:31:32 UTC 2002

Tethys wrote:
>>thanks for this, have just updated the bios (didn't know you could do
>>that with these cards), didn't fix it though.
>

> Just curious... how? I looked on the Matrox site, but the only BIOS
> upgrade I can see is supplied as a Windows executable...
>
> FWIW, I run dual screen, and my main screen (and Eizo T765 at 1920x1440)
> is fine, but my secondary screen (a Compaq TFT8020 at 1280x1024) has pretty
> bad ghosting.

when I had 2 different screens with 2 different resolution under Windows
2000, I also had problems

are you using G450 and the lastest linux drivers.
I had this problem under linux (mandrake 8.2) solved after installing
the new driver. however I have two identical screens.

PS: I updated the bios using a Win98 system.

--
Philippe Rousselot.

utilisateur GNU/Linux #275608

Any similarities to real life is completely fictitious.
Nor trees or animals were harmed in the composition of this email message.
However, a number of electrons were moderately inconvenienced.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk