[Gllug] Maxtrox G400 dualhead interference?

Adam Bower adam.bower at framestore-cfc.com
Fri Aug 23 12:59:59 UTC 2002

Tethys wrote:
>>thanks for this, have just updated the bios (didn't know you could do
>>that with these cards), didn't fix it though.
>

> Just curious... how? I looked on the Matrox site, but the only BIOS
> upgrade I can see is supplied as a Windows executable...

I don't know about matrox but when i have flashed the Bios on Nvidia
cards i did it by going to bootdisk.com and getting a Dr-Dos boot disk
image and dd'ing it onto a floppy, and then unzipping the biosupdate.exe
(most of them are winzip self extractors so you can use unzip (i think
it was unzip...) on them) then copying the files onto the floppy. Read
the README, reboot run dos command... reboot computer... no display!!
panic!!! panic some more!!!! reboot again still no display!!! really
really panic!!!! unplug computer from wall for a bit turn on ok...
</panic> nice new flashed bios.

Didn't have to use windows at all :) anyhow the boot disks the Win2k
makes are not suitable either so I couldn't have used windows even if i
had have wanted too. I also have used this procedure on FireGL cards too
as its always a pain finding a windows box that makes Dos boot disks etc.

Adam

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk