[Gllug] Large Page Patch

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.co.uk
Thu Aug 15 18:24:15 UTC 2002

On Thursday 15 August 2002 18:25, John Hearns wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 19:13, Huw Lynes wrote:
> > I/O performance in 2.5 seems to be much improved over 2.4; we can
> > now get the full bandwidth (90MB/s) of the RAID using raw I/O. Plus
> > the issue has forced me to go and learn some stuff that I probably
> > should have known already.
>
> Cool. Real life use of 2.5
>
> You should talk at a GLLUG sometime about what you have found out.

Let's wait until we get it working properly first. We still have issues
with 2.5 and disk geometry.

On a related note we have an NVidia driver working with 2.5 if anyone
is interested.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk