[Gllug] ADSL Linux

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 14 09:38:28 UTC 2002

On Fri 13 Dec, Andy Loates wrote:

> Chris Bell wrote on December 13, 2002
>
> <snip>
>
> > > Someone on the list was talking about PCI ADSL modems earlier.  I
>

> >    Solwise also do the SAR310 PCI ADSL modem which they claim works with
> > Linux, see
> >
> > http://www.solwise.co.uk
> > http://www.adslguide.org.uk
> >
> >    Distributors in the North Acton / Park Royal area stock very cheap ADSL
> > kit, but I have not tried it with Linux.
> >

> <end snip>
>
> They used to sell them but have stoped as the US manufacturer went belly up.
> Unfortunate as I bought one 4 weeks ago before i found out. I picked it from
> ADSL Guide as the only PCI card listed with Lunux support. Drivers supplied
> were for Kernel 2.4.16 but work OK but after digging through Solwise forums
> and throwing the useless install manual away it works fine on a Demon solo
> connection.
>
> Having checked Solwise website they no longer seem to offer a Linux compat
> card and when I spoke to the Tech helpline there they were pretty clueless
> on linux
>
> Andy

   I have just looked at their website again, there is now a note to say
that it has been replaced by what they call an SAR102 which is also claimed
to be Linux compatible, and I think it may be the same chipset. The names
they give to their products look like in house reference numbers that give
little indication about the original manufacturers.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk