[Gllug] Window Managers

Ian Norton bredroll at atari.org
Tue Dec 31 19:14:46 UTC 2002

seriously, the software out there really isnt as bad as it seems on
redhat, do you really think things that unstable would get out of cvs in
a big project like gnome or kde, when things get packed with a distro
often the libraries are the issue as they someitmes have to be swapped
about or messed up to keep in line with redhat or mandrake,

compile gnome if you have time and youll see its not too bad at all, im
going to sing the debian song again and i really think i need to, i run
gnome 1.4 perfectly fine and quite nicely on my celeron 400 laptop,
gnome2 on my 1200 duron (altho i am contemplating going back to e16 to
solve boredom)

both gnome and kde are good systems to use under X, i want both to
co-exist for as long as linux does, they drive each other, kde3 drove
gtk2 more towards nice aa fonts, etc, in debain youll find that gnome or
kde will usually run  alot nicer than in dead rat distros. things
actually have some form of quality control.

bredroll