[Gllug] mbox and procmail

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at start.no
Fri Dec 6 14:04:17 UTC 2002

On Dec 06 2002, Jim wrote:
> > > My question is - how can I run a specific procmail recipe on a specific
> > > mbox without changing the mbox messages headers at all?
> >
> > formail -s procmail < mbox
>
> Thanks Stig,
>
> don't suppose you know the syntax for a Maildir do you. ;)

I don't think you can do this directly[1], and that's one of the reasons
I'm not a big fan of Maildirs. What I do is open the mailbox in mutt and
save all the messages in it to an mbox-type mailfolder. Then use the
above line on that.

Stig

[1] 	Unless (cd Maildir/cur && for i in *; procmail < $i; done) &&
	(cd Maildir/new && for i in *; procmamil < $1; done) works,
	which I have not tested by the way.

--
brautaset.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk