[Gllug] newbie / modem

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Wed Dec 4 17:05:31 UTC 2002

Ivan Virgili wrote:
> I want to give you a bit of hope and, at the same time, I want to see
> if someone can help me !!!
>
> I have got an internal Intel modem (536ep).
> I downloaded the Linux drivers from the Intel website.
> I installed them on SuSE 8.1 and the modem works perfectly.
> I tried to do the same thing with Red Hat 8 and this is what I get
> when I enter "make 536ep"
> (no ./configure is requested for installation - I followed the
> instructions in the readme file):
>
> [root at localhost Intel-536ep-451]# make 536ep

[output of make]

> I wrote to Intel, but I am not sure they will answer my email. Any
> idea?
>
> Thanks... Ciao.. Ivan

There is no error given in the output from make, it looks like it compiled
ok and created a file called 536ep.o in the current directory.  There are
several warnings but it still compiled OK, an error would have said error in
the last few lines of the output.

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk