[Gllug] Hi all

Dan Kolb dankolb at ox.compsoc.net
Mon Dec 23 11:09:37 UTC 2002

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 10:44:34AM +0000, Tethys wrote:

> It a device for routing airflow from the fans to the components that
> need it. Althoguh it may initially sound counterintuitive, running
> a computer without a case frequently makes it run hotter, increasing
> the risk of component failure.

Actually, I've got a computer that I had to run without the side of the case,
otherwise the CPU overheated and crashed (reached about 69 degrees, according
to the BIOS, when I had to reset). Without the case, it was running just
under 60 degrees. I think that I might have to put some more thermal compound
on the processor/heatsink, but I'm not sure where my tube is, at the moment.

Dan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk