[Gllug] Resign

Sudhir Anand anand_sudhir at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 13 22:33:30 UTC 2002

For a variety of reasons, I feel unwelcome on this list.  I freely admit to
making comments others find unacceptable but some of the comments directed to
at me in return are too personal for my liking.  While I can respond in kind,
this is not the purpose of subscribing to this list in the first place.

I am an accountant and I work as such during the day.  Computers are my hobby
which I pursue in the evenings and weekends.  I freely admit that I am not an
expert on matters Linux.

My greatest inspiration to using Linux route was actually an It manager in a
previous company I worked for. The network eas based on Nouvell and Windows.
Setting up a windows based network at home was proving very difficult.  He
challenged me to setup a Linux network as I maintained that Windows was not a
good platform for Desktops never mind servers, and I had read magazine
articles in Linux's better stability. Failing this he would personally setup
a windows network for me.  I spent a lot of time and effort getting Linux up
and running with a lot of help from him as I had no experience of IT.
However, I did succeed.  Once it was up and running it proved to very stable.
In fact, I find it an ideal system to run my small network.  The IT manager
is a friend and helps me with networking which I do not always understand.
Given my experiences, he was experiments with Linux at home.

My aim on this site was to learn more about Linux and related software.  I do
not blame any users here and I guess I am on the wrong forum for my aims.

I have now unsubscribed from this last and this will be my lat message.

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk