[Gllug] out of UK. web hosting service wanted

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Wed Dec 4 21:12:11 UTC 2002

>> On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 21:03:46, Alain Williams <addw at phcomp.co.uk> said:

   > Someone that I know has had his web site shut down by a UK court
   > order.  He needs a web hosting service outside the UK juristiction
   > so that he can continue. Has anyone got any that they can recommend?

HavenCo < www.havenco.com > are expensive, but provide exactly that.
They're based on an old gun turret from the war; it was left in
international waters and deserted, and was subsequently claimed as a
principality under independent rule.  There have been many cases where
Britain has ruled against or acted in a way that shows that it doesn't
believe it has any duristiction there.  See the site for more, anyway.
The idea, at least, is that anyone sending a subpoena or court order
there would be very forcefully told to go away.  :)

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net";  Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk