[Gllug] New TLDs

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Dec 16 16:18:01 UTC 2002

On 16 Dec 2002, Pete Ryland wrote:

> A quick google on 'pdr', for example, finds scores of unique businesses
> with that name (mostly in the US it seems).  I don't think they're about
> to share pdr.com or pdr.biz even, so diluting the top-level namespace
> and making appropriate domains more accessible to them is IMHO actually
> a good thing.  Is there a better way to resolve this problem with our
> current system?

It might be a good idea except that we all know that what will really
happen is that those companies that have the financial muscle will own all
of the variations - trade mark law is already being abused in this manner
and WIPO have been bought in over 90% of cases that have gone before them.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/			Sign Up Now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk