[Gllug] Email client with multiple Identities

Axel Segebrecht axel at segebrecht.co.uk
Fri Dec 6 11:59:39 UTC 2002

On 6/12/02 11:40, "Xander D Harkness" <xander at harkness.co.uk> wrote:
> Mozilla and Evolution will both do this too.
>
> Set the other accounts to no imap account and just use them to send.
> Ensure that you set the accounts to put your Sent mail in the correct
> location.
>
> Kind regards
> Xander

Hi Xander,

Thanks for the tip although it's a bit of a cheat ;)

It works but I have to enter bogus data in the pop/imap, etc fields to
convince him (Moz in this case). Not really ideal 'cause it will give errors
when somebody presses 'send/recv'.

Also tried Pine and I don't find it that usable either. My big concern is
that if I put a relative novice in front of it, he/she will be on the phone
constantly asking me where things are and how things are done.

There surely must be a 'user friendly' pop/imap client that supports
something as simple as multiple Ids (which IMHO means simply changing the
'from' and 'reply-to' header, well and allowing for a different .sig)?

Axel

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk