[Gllug] OT(ish) Circuit board cleaner and the blu-tak stuff for heatsinks

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Tue Dec 31 10:25:30 UTC 2002

Dylan writes:

>My m8 (yes, it's a m8, not me!)

Your m8? A metric thread on an 8mm shaft with a 1.25mm pitch? Oh, you
mean "mate". None of that l33t speak aroudn here, thank you! :-)

>And the putty stuff - where can I find that? The guy at Maplin looked blank
>(but then he was the guy who almost had an orgasm over a reverse cut screw
>[of the nut and bolt variety!] once)

Sounds like thermal paste, which you should be able to get from anywhere
that sells CPUs. It's to ensure an even transfer of heat from the CPU to
the heatsink (air tends to be very poor at this).

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk