[Gllug] FTP manager

Mark Preston mark at markpreston.co.uk
Tue Dec 31 12:01:09 UTC 2002

Hi Norman,
I find that Konqueror can act as a very good graphical ftp
manager/agent. Open your internet connection.
Assuming your website address is say www.norm.ya.com
fire up Konqueror and type:-
ftp://norm@ftp.ya.com
into the address bar (Location:)
If all goes well should get a prompt for your password, and then be able
to view the files on your website.
Then fire up another Konqueror process which should open up your local
files on /home/username.
Then you should be navigate around the files on your home computer in
one window, and transfer them as required to your website by dragging
and dropping into the other window.
Regards,
Mark Preston

Norman Duncan  gllug at linux.co.uk