[Gllug] ADSL (and DHCP) woes

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 31 00:18:42 UTC 2002

On Mon 30 Dec, Paul Cupis wrote:

> On Monday 30 Dec 2002 22:14, Chris Bell wrote:
> > I have a wires-only ADSL connection to Demon, and have
> > to set up an initial link with the BT test equipment, then disconnect and
> > reset the modem to link to an address allocated to me by Demon. You may
> > need to do something similar.
>
> You got stung by that too? It took a Demon technical guy and I a while to work
> that out - once we got it working, it was fine though.
>
> Just glad to know it wasn't just me. :)
>
> Paul Cupis

   I ordered the upgrade from dial-up to ADSL, Demon then took about a month
to pass the order on to BT, and BT completed the upgrade within two or three
days, well before the date given by Demon. I received the printed
instructions in good time, so my ADSL modem was in position some time before
the connection was made. The LED stopped flashing, so I followed the
instructions and had it all working a few days before Demon notified me by
email that it was available.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk