[Gllug] Window Managers

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Dec 23 12:29:41 UTC 2002

On Saturday, Dec 21, 2002, at 03:46 Europe/London, Pete Ryland wrote:

> Give Window Maker a try.  I've found it to be pretty worthy.  And it
> integrates with both GNOME and KDE apps nicely, as well as GNUStep
> apps.

Used to be a big fan of window maker, but found that it was unwieldy to
use it as the main window manager for the later releases of KDE (you
know, the ones that started to use the window manager hints from
http://www.freedesktop.org/ )

Since later versions of GNOME also use these hints, and WM didn't
implement them, I had it marked as a dying project. Anyone know any
differently?

Cheers,

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk