[Gllug] GNOME Disk Activity

Bilbo Baggins gllug at codex.net
Fri Dec 13 16:46:50 UTC 2002

Sudhir Anand(anand_sudhir at yahoo.co.uk)@Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 01:31:16PM -0000:

> >>Being an immigrant I have got used
> >>to racial and other insults hurled at me on the streets.  I
> >would like to
> >>make clear that I am NOT accusing anyone here of using racial abuse.
> >
> >Sure. So why bring it up in an environment where no-one would
> >otherwise have any idea what you look like?
> >
> From my foreign sounding name? Or do you know of any Anglo-Saxons called
> Sudhir :).

My name is Bilbo Baggins, and i'm obviously a diminutive person with big
hairy feet.  or so you might guess from my name.

The point is, on the internet you can have what ever identity you want.
Yep, your name doesnt sound very anglo saxon, but then again, i dont
know if thats your real name.

in all the time i've been on this list, i cant think of one racial slur
being uttered.  plenty of piss taking tho.

ho hum.
back to the shire for me.

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 Ethernet (n): something used to catch the etherbunny

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk