[Gllug] Zaurus PDA + Bluetooth SDIO card

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Sat Dec 21 14:51:09 UTC 2002

Hi people,

Has anyone heard if it's possible to use a Sharp Zaurus PDA with a Palm SDIO
Bluetooth card? I was reading on The Reg the other day (
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/39/28467.html ) about some bright
spark's idea for a bluetooth-enabled MP3 player and this combination seemed
like a decent idea.

Technically, I could use the Zaurus CF slot for Bluetooth but I like the
idea of small devices (and my camera uses CF so I'd like to keep that
available if I can).

Has anyone tried anything like this? My googling suggests that the Palm
thingy is too new to have made much impact. The BlueZ stack doco makes no
mention of SD Bluetooth cards at all (actually the Palm one is the only SD
card I can find reference to - it's a re-badged Toshiba, but they only sell
them in Japan apparently).

Enough of my rambling; can anyone suggest if it works? My "system testing"
is being put off until I get a job/contract (can you say HUGE tax write off
:D ).

Richard

http://greetings.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Greetings
- Send your seasons greetings online this year!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk