[Gllug] Yahoo and fetchmail

Wayne Allen wayne at micromouse.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 31 23:43:04 UTC 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: gllug-admin at linux.co.uk [mailto:gllug-admin at linux.co.uk] On Behalf
Of Jenson
Sent: 31 December 2002 21:56
To: gllug at linux.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Gllug] Yahoo and fetchmail

> I tried searching on the but all I get from most sides is Yahoo don't
offer
> SMTP/pop 3 access.  I know they do I use it every day

Yahoo do offer SMTP/pop3 yeah, but only as a premium rate service. They
stopped offering it for free a few months back (August I think).

That's what you think...I have been using it for the past 3 years and
don't pay anything.

Wayne

If you want free SMTP/pop3 try http://mail.lycos.co.uk
To use that you have to log in and out of your webmail account once to
activate the access (which it doesn't point out unless you delve into
the helpfiles wondering what it doesn't work, so I thought I'd warn you
in
advance)

As for Fetchmail, I have no idea, I've only just started out with Linux
and have no experience of the mailer programs.

Hope this helps anyway.

Jenson

---

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk