[Gllug] Yahoo and fetchmail

new2unix@sdf.lonestar.org new2unix at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG
Tue Dec 31 22:12:54 UTC 2002

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 09:55:50PM -0000, Jenson spoke thus:
> Yahoo do offer SMTP/pop3 yeah, but only as a premium rate service. They
> stopped offering it for free a few months back (August I think).

This might help:
http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/

<QUOTE from the site>
YahooPOPs! is an open-source initiative to provide free POP3 access to
your Yahoo! Mail account. YahooPOPs! is available on the Windows and
Unix platforms.

This application emulates a POP3 server and enables popular email
clients like Outlook, Netscape, Eudora, Mozilla, Calypso, etc., to
download email from Yahoo! accounts.
</QUOTE>

Best Regards,

.new2unix