[Gllug] OT(ish): Advice

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 16 19:49:36 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 16:47, Pete Ryland wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 16:03, Tethys wrote:
>
> BTW, I have nothing against enlightenment - in fact I look forward to
> its next release.

If it ever happens.....

The Enlightenment dev team seem as far as ever from a new release, the
website hasn't been updated since July, and the development mailing list
has had mostly declining traffic over the last 9 months or so.

E is my favourite WM, but I'm forced to conclude that it has all the
hallmarks of becoming a dead project. I have no faith there will *ever*
be another release at this stage. Admittedly, this may not be helped By
Rasterman's attitude of rewriting the whole thing from scratch again for
every new version. Sad, as I've yet to see another WM with a nice GUI
for configuration, and a pager/multiple virtual desktop model that's
half as nice as E.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk