[Gllug] Hi all

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Thu Dec 19 17:22:13 UTC 2002

Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> French, Alastair(Alastair.French at racalinstruments.com)@Thu,
> Dec 19, 2002 at 04:07:52PM -0000:
>> Hi all
>>
>> On the subject of quiter fans etc, does anyone know where I can get
>> a quiet cpu fan for a AMD K6II-300. The cpu fits a super socket 7
>> motherboard, but anyone who sells the quiet fans etc does not
>> mention the super socket 7 type. Mine is about to give up and I need
>> a new one ASAP.
>
> it may work without the fan.  i ran my dual PIII/800 for ages, before
> i realized that one of the CPU fans had given up the ghost.

I took the fan off my 486 (DX4-100MHz) because it didn't even get warm most
of the time.  It'd been like that for over a year and then when I tried to
compile a new kernel it kept failing with a sig 11.  It took me about a
week, several compilation attempts and several runs of memtest to remember
that it used to have a fan.

Not sure I had a point to that story.

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service