[Gllug] Multiple X servers

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Mon Dec 30 11:00:10 UTC 2002

John Hearns writes:

>Please open the debate - I know that the thin client model has failed
>time and time again and I've always wondered really why.

The basic technological principles are sound, and give many advantages
over the traditional fat client. I suspect the main reason that thin
clients haven't taken off as much as they deserve is simply that Windows
isn't particularly conduicive to running in a thin client environment,
and the world isn't yet ready to migrate away to alternatives.

Plus, it's not in the interests of the major players for the world to
shift to low end desktop hardware with tiny margins...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk