[Gllug] Audio conflict

Jonathan Harker jharker at massey.ac.nz
Fri Dec 6 00:30:03 UTC 2002

On Friday 06 Dec 2002 12:11 pm, Norman Duncan wrote:
> Hello folks
>
> Living in Barcelona I have just put in an ADSL line, and it is working
> well. So I am trying to listen to some of my favourite programmes from back
> home (Bob Harris, The Late junction on Radio 3, Iain Anderson on R.
> Scotland, ....)
>
> But I keep getting a bunch of conflicts and audio cuts out, only to come
> back if I reboot.
>
> SuSe 8.1,  KDE3,  Netscape 7 (for their java),  Real player

May not be a network thing...

I occasionally get similar wierdness when running xmms and something else goes
to play a sound. Perhaps realplayer isn't quite behaving itself when
requesting sound resources? It is easily fixed by going into the KDE Control
Centre -> Sound and fiddling with or restarting the sound server.

Luv Jon

--
Jonathan Harker
MUSAC

Q: Why is Christmas just like a day at the office?
A: You do all the work and the fat guy in the suit gets all the credit.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk