[Gllug] GNOME Disk Activity

Matthew Allum breakfast at 10.am
Tue Dec 10 20:16:54 UTC 2002

on Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 05:31:27PM +0000, Sudhir Anand wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 December 2002 14:58, Mick Farmer wrote:
> > Dear Matthew,
> >
> > Many thanks for your constructive reply.  It's certainly
> > GNOME that's creating the traffic.  I'm running a recent
> > kernel (2.4.18) and when I exit X (+GNOME) the disk activity
> > drops to zero, apart from some activity approximately every
> > ten seconds (swap?, ext3?).
> >
> GNOME is a far inferior Windows Manager to KDE, which you should use instead.

*sigh* KDE vs Gnome is so 1999 ( and FYI neither is a window manager).

Thankfully the creators of Gnome and KDE are a little less narrow
minded than you and nowadays make efforts for them both to work well
togeather [1] .

Oh and KDE also uses fam, so the same problem would no doubt also
occur there.

If you want to troll, there is a site called slashdot.org for you
where you will find lots of other like minded 14yr olds.

  -- Matthew

[1] http://www.freedesktop.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk