[Gllug] GNOME Disk Activity

Sudhir Anand anand_sudhir at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 19:47:37 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 10 December 2002 20:16, Matthew Allum wrote:
> on Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 05:31:27PM +0000, Sudhir Anand wrote:
> > On Tuesday 10 December 2002 14:58, Mick Farmer wrote:
> > > Dear Matthew,
> > >
> > > Many thanks for your constructive reply.  It's certainly
> > > GNOME that's creating the traffic.  I'm running a recent
> > > kernel (2.4.18) and when I exit X (+GNOME) the disk activity
> > > drops to zero, apart from some activity approximately every
> > > ten seconds (swap?, ext3?).
> >
> > GNOME is a far inferior Windows Manager to KDE, which you should use
> > instead.
>
> *sigh* KDE vs Gnome is so 1999 ( and FYI neither is a window manager).
>
> Thankfully the creators of Gnome and KDE are a little less narrow
> minded than you and nowadays make efforts for them both to work well
> togeather [1] .
>
> Oh and KDE also uses fam, so the same problem would no doubt also
> occur there.
>
> If you want to troll, there is a site called slashdot.org for you
> where you will find lots of other like minded 14yr olds.

I do not care for your opinion.  If I like a particular desktop environment, I
do not need petty minded people like you making foolish remarks.  You do not
have to agree with my opinion but idiotic statements such as yours will
invite a sharp response from me.  And I will not tire of making such posts of
the comments get personal.

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk