[Gllug] Re: [GLUG] Re: Cygwin

Mischa Capazario mischa at ananzi.co.za
Thu Dec 19 06:17:19 UTC 2002

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 20:28:51 +0200
G Stansfield <gstansfield at isat.co.za> wrote:

> One thing I learned - stick to one mirror site for the downloads &
> updates. The subdirectory name that was created on my PC under My
> Download Files is :-
>
> ftp%3a%2f%2fftp.mirror.ac.uk%2fsites%2fsources.redhat.com%2fpub%2fcygwin
>
> and if I try a different mirror it uses another file name, finds
> nothing, downloads the whole thing again. Being consistent avoids this
> problem!

You can get around this by downloading to a specified directory.  I keep all
my cygwin packages in C:\cygdist and just point the setup proggy there.

You can also ftp direct from the Cygwin mirror (i.e. not using the setup
program but a normal ftp client) into that directory and as soon as the package
is physically there, the setup program adds it to the list of installable
programs.

--
Mischa Capazario
Systems Administrator