[Gllug] Upgrating RedHat Via HTTP

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Fri Dec 6 14:28:01 UTC 2002

Andy Young wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to upgrade a number of machines to Redhat 7.2 (I know it's old but the software I need to run requires it!)
> To save a load of CD swaps I thought I'd use the HTTP installation, as I have a web server on the same switch.
>
> I have created the network boot disk, and have set up the networking part correctly, I am sure.
> The problem is it hangs when trying to source the initial file.
> The webserver logs show it is connecting ... with the following line in the web log:
>
> 2002-12-06 12:43:35 10.183.24.59 - 10.183.24.50 80 GET /redhat72/RedHat/base/netstg1.img - 200 -
>
> For comparison purposes, I CAN connect to the same file and download via a normal web browser, and get the following line in the web log:
>
> 2002-12-06 12:43:13 10.183.24.50 - 10.183.24.50 80 GET /redhat72/RedHat/base/netstg1.img - 200 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.0)
>
> The server is a W2K server running IIS by the way if that's relevant.
> Am I missing out on something here, as I cannot see for the life of me what I can be doing wrong?
>
> Thanks for any advice!
If you look at the other virtual consoles during the install, (CTRL +
ALT + F1-4) they also provide more information.

Are there any errors logged by the server?

You may find that it has received the file and errors after that, which
may be shown on the local consoles.

Kind regards
Xander

--
Football builds self-discipline.  What else would induce a spectator to
sit out in the open in subfreezing weather?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk