[Gllug] Preparing for Linux - WinXP backup/clone

silly hat sillyhat at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 14:26:21 UTC 2002

Hello,

Naive question here, predictable answers aren't really appreciated...

I have a PC with about 8GB of valued data and on a WinXP disk.
I would like to clone the disk, then unleash linux, free bsd and
anything else I feel like onto this cloned disk.

So after having scoured the net, it seems that cloning and ntfs winxp
disk is not as easy as it would seem. I had some problems with Drive
Image and wondered if anyone had soleved this mystery.

Its a Dell box with a 40GB disk and I want the clone to go to a 20GB
disk.

Any help appreciated.

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk