[Gllug] Trying to install Sarge - any pointers?

John Winters john at linuxemporium.co.uk
Mon Dec 2 16:44:11 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 16:30, Paul Cupis wrote:

> On Monday 02 December 2002 15:08, John Winters wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm trying to install Debian Testing (Sarge).  I'm very familiar with
> > installing Potato and Woody but Sarge seems to have acquired a new
> > installer which can only be described as "User Rabid".  Nothing but
> > cryptic prompts and no apparent option to actually install anything.
> >
> > Does anyone know of any documentation for this new installer?
>
> http://people.debian.org/~mbc/di.html

Ta muchly.

> Please remember that it is under heavy development, and known not to be ready
> for prime time.

Indeed yes.  I'm well aware of the status but we've had a few requests
for CDs of it so I'm going to do a weekly build.  I just like to be
familiar with what I'm shipping out before I ship it.

Cheers,
John

--
The Linux Emporium - the source for Linux in the UK
See http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/

We had a woodhenge here once but it rotted.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk