[Gllug] Using PC/modem as a phone?

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Thu Dec 12 11:36:10 UTC 2002

Can I use my PC (with Linux of course) as a phone to answer calls?  I
have a headset for my PC and a head set for my phone so I'm always
having to swap when phone rings etc.  I realise an option would be to
make/buy a switch and use one headset.  Was just wondering how possible
it would be with the PC with a headset, modem and sound card to use it
as a phone.  Is there any software for doing this?  I guess it depends
on whether a modem would work in this way.

Thanks and have a great day.
Steve

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk