[Gllug] Certification?

Dexter Casey Dexter.Casey at morganstanley.com
Fri Dec 6 22:54:09 UTC 2002

Hi,

I was very lucky to attend the RHCE course and Exam courtesy of my company, two
weeks ago.  It is the no.1 exam and is in my opinion hard.

The RH300 is a four day course followed by the exam which is 3 part over 6 hours
and has two breaks.  The first part is a debug session during which you are
presented with various problems.  You get 2.5 hrs for this.  Also you can go onto
the next if you get stuck, bear in mind you cannot go back so tough it out.  Then
comes the Multiple choice which is the easiest part but not easy. This is 50
Questions in one hour.  The last bit is an install.  Should be easy right?! Not!
there are about 12-17 main requirements  that are not completely straight forward
you get 2.5 hrs but I don't think many people completed the full set of
requirements on my exam day.

Hope this helps.
Dexter Casey

John Hearns wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Ivan Virgili wrote:
>

> > I was thinking of doing a RHCT course/exam, but it costs a lot of money and
> > I was
> > wondering if you could tell me what you think about it (not only about the
> > exam, but also about the idea of getting a certification).
> >
> Ivan, we have people on the GLLUG list from Redhat and SuSE, so I will
> leave it to them to describe what they offer.
> (Me personally, I would like to do an RHCE)
>
> You mention LPI. I got the Oreilly book on that (what else!) and had good
> intentions to prepare for the LPI exams which were planned for the UKUUG
> meeting in Bristol. I never found the time to study.
>
> Anyone else interested in reviving the planned LPI exams?
> I'm sure it would be worthwhile getting half a dozen people together.
>
> --

Dexter Casey
Morgan Stanley IT Security
Phone: + 44 207 677 6761