[Gllug] You are a bad man.

John Hearns John.Hearns at cern.ch
Thu Dec 19 12:26:14 UTC 2002

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 rich at annexia.org wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 11:26:12AM +0000, Adam Bower wrote:
>
> I know, but I need a splitter to plug in 4 boards into one power
> supply. And then there's the question of whether the PSU will be
> rated to drive all those boards (not that I worry as much as I
> should about running the PSU over the rated spec ...)

Have a look at the discussion in
http://www.linitx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=128
>From this discussion:

"The Mini-ITX specification only requires 47W (max) or 60W (peak) and in
practice this is more than adequate to run a Hard Drive, Motherboard and
DVD/CDR all at once."
(from http://www.mini-itx.com/reviews/2677R/page2.asp#morex0002 )

I think 60W dissipation per system would be pretty useful in
a dense environment or small server closet.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk