[Gllug] Bison question

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Wed Dec 4 22:19:22 UTC 2002

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 09:30:26PM +0000, rich at annexia.org wrote:
> Thanks Pete. It turns out that also what I really wanted to do way read
> the fine manual page (or in this case, info file). Which actually told me
> how these split actions work - not as above.

IIRC, split actions are slow and to be avoided if possible, hence the way I
suggested (albeit buggy as it turns out).

> I'm playing around with a replacement for make/autoconf/automake/rpm/dpkg
> because I'm sick of having a dozen configuration files, all saying roughly
> the same thing in slightly different syntax.

"Yet Another" to add to the list..  Umm.. I don't want to be a killjoy or
anything and I know autoconf/automake (and libtool!) are pains in the bum,
but why start again from scratch?  Why not improve on the existing tools
which have good rationalisations for existance?

Pete

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk