[Gllug] [OT] Mozilla Advocacy (FW: Durex: Website Query)

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Fri Dec 13 14:28:24 UTC 2002

Sheesh, I'm not sure the argument you provide below would convince
*anyone* to do *anything* for you, let alone fix something they think is
not broken.  I'm glad the recipient was on our side.  Please take into
consideration that people take pride in their work, and may get offended
by this sort of comment and you end up with a lose-lose situation.

It may not be totally applicable here (but may be interesting to
followers of other threads :) but have a look at the 'canons of conduct'
section of the linux advocacy mini-howto for nice ways of getting a
message across (in this case advocating linux, but equally applies to
advocating "Any Browser" policy).  It can be found either in
/usr/share/doc/ (if using an FHS-compliant distro ;) or at:

http://www.google.com/search?btnI=&q=linux+advocacy+mini-howto

Pete

--
Pete Ryland