[Gllug] GNOME Disk Activity

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Wed Dec 11 11:54:02 UTC 2002

Dear GLLUGers,

Well, I'm now capable of answering my own question!  The
culprit is magicdev, which appears to be an automount daemon
for the CD drive.  I've turned it off and the disk activity
has ceased.

There was some discussion about it last year on a couple of
the linux mailing lists.  Apparently, the only documentation
about magicdev is the description in the RPM file.

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /
                    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign