[Gllug] RedHat Advanced Server

Paul Nasrat paul.nasrat at virgin.net
Fri Dec 13 13:36:12 UTC 2002

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 11:26:42AM +0100, John Hearns wrote:

> You, as a Linxu enthusiast can get the free (as in money) download
> editions
> of Redhat, and if you need to experiment with the tools like LVM etc.
> you can add them. That's what Free Software is all about.

You can also use anaconda and build your own RHAS derived build from the
src.rpms which are available on the rh ftp site and mirrors.  So if you
want you can build it, bu RH aren't going to give you a CD.

I've used pirahna off them and had a prod at the kernel configs for it.
I've also looked at the IBM jdk/jre specs, etc as compared to the
jpackage one.

RHAS is really so companies (eg oracle) can certify their software
against one version which has corporate support.

Paul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk