[Gllug] RedHat Advanced Server

John Hearns John.Hearns at cern.ch
Fri Dec 13 10:26:42 UTC 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Ivan Dimitrov wrote:

> Hi Neil,
>

> I have purchased the RH Advance Server few mths ago!!! After speaking with
> RH they refused to send me free copy for evaluation so I had on choice but
> to buy it!!! For individual like me this is very expensive considering that
> I am not earning very much!!!!

Why should Redhat send you an evaluation copy?
RHAS is aimed fairly and squarely at the corporate market - it is meant to
be a stable distribution, which comes ready with kernels for 'big'
hardware and tools for enterprise-level systems. And, IIRC, you need to
purchase support with it. That's what corporate customers want.

You, as a Linxu enthusiast can get the free (as in money) download
editions
of Redhat, and if you need to experiment with the tools like LVM etc.
you can add them. That's what Free Software is all about.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk