[Gllug] Cheapest possible diskless nodes

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Fri Dec 13 21:01:26 UTC 2002

rich at annexia.org writes:

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 05:29:31PM +0000, Matthew Allum wrote:
> > A got a epia mini-itx board which is very nice - 800mhz cpu, ethernet
> > / sound / video etc all on board ( and working happily with Linux )
> > for approx 80 quid. See http://www.mini-itx.com
>
> This is what I was looking for. So these things need just PC133 RAM,
> and a 2.5" hard drive to make them usable? Plus possibly a CD-ROM
> drive that I can plug in just to install Linux?

I got a mini-itx board with that nice black case, PCI riser, slimline CD
and firewire card. The nice black case was essential, 'cos it takes 12V
DC input, instead of AC. Sweet. Case takes a full-size hard-drive.

> Did you get yours through mini-itx.com?

Yes, but (engineers beware) Farnell now sell them. Slightly more
expensive than Mimi-ITX, but you can slip a £65 purchase on your Farnell
account easily. ...

cheers, Rich.

rich walker | technical person | Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
front-of-tshirt space to let     251 Liverpool Road   |
                                 London  N1 1LX       | +UK 20 7700 2487

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk