[Gllug] Debian..... XF86

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 1 21:28:36 UTC 2002

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Stig Brautaset yowled:
> On Nov 24 2002, Xander wrote:
>> Is it time to get dirty with the XF86config file?
>
> I should hope not. That is one config file _I_'d rather leave alone, at
> least.

It's not hard, particularly not now that it can probe modelines for
monitor timings mostly on its own.

There is very good documentation for the file, too.

>        I only go in there to rearrange the search paths for the fonts...
> (Why does it insist on putting the 100dpi fonts before the 75dpi ones so
> I have to change it back every upgrade?)

Because, um, most people have 100dpi monitors these days?

(At least I hope they do.)

--
`I keep hearing about SF writers dying, but I never hear about SF
 writers being born.  So I guess eventually there'll be none left.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk