[Gllug] Monthly GLLUG grammar report

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 1 21:34:41 UTC 2002

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, dylan at dylan.me.uk stated:
> Johnson /et al/ have a lot to answer for. A google on *definitely* hits
> 667,000 results, *definitely* hits 6,690,000. ~10% 'misuse' or errors is more
> than enough for a variant spelling to be acknowledged.

But Google returning hits differing by ten times for two identical queries,
now that's *bad*.

;}

(I assume the first `definitely' should definitely have been the
putatively erroneous `definately'?)

--
`I keep hearing about SF writers dying, but I never hear about SF
 writers being born.  So I guess eventually there'll be none left.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk