[Gllug] Richard Stallman was asleep

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Wed Feb 13 12:33:24 UTC 2002

Karen Hanna Kruzycka(Vixen at Lspace.org)@Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 12:02:23PM +0000:
> On Wednesday 13 Feb 2002 11:26 am, Flash Wilson wrote:
> > Although I havent been in that hall since my
> > first year there in 1994, so it was wierd!
>
> You didn't have your graduation ceremony in there? it was the first time I'd
> been in there since mine. Very nostalgic :)
>
> I thought Stallman was great - much less loopy than I had expected. His
> arguments were clearly laid out and, although he was slow, I left
> understanding *much* better things that I had only half-understood before.
> Shame we had to leave during question time but the curry house was calling;
> hope we didn't miss any really spectacular savaging of dimwitted questioners.

hmm, he did seem more down to earth last night.  i think him leaving off
the 'im the son of $deity' routine helped.  altho i must cionfess i did
drift off in a few of his important points.

i hope he gives a different speach at fosdem.

BTW, we all left after the QA session and made it to the curry house
with plenty of time to spare.

Is it true Dean, that you've converted to veganism? [1]

-vince

[1] only if john, Steve, Jim and I are on the wagon i guess.

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 REALITY.SYS corrupted: Reboot universe? (Y/N/Q)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk