[Gllug] recovering deleted file from reiserfs filesystem

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 21:52:24 UTC 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Steve Cobrin yowled:
> I know of ways to recover deleted files from an ext2 system, but what about
> reiser?

My advice is to give up. The data will still be in the leaf nodes, if
tail-packing was off, but the trees that pointed to them are gone so you
can't find it again without doing a complete disk search.

And if tail-packing is on, you're even more stuffed because you're
basically guaranteed to have lost the end of the file.

--
`The classical music makes him feel tranquil and loved so he performs
 regularly. What a life for a guy. He gets to make love every day with

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk