[Gllug] Swap file size

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Fri Feb 1 13:25:33 UTC 2002

Jackson, Harry(HJackson at colt-telecom.com)@Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 05:08:13PM -0000:

speed probably is, but then again, so is future reliability.

> Investigating a 4Gb dump could be a bit of a tw at t. Are there tools out there
> for looking through this sort of data. I know there are ones for dumps in
> the Linux kernel and I imagine there are ones for most other Commercial
> Unix's. When a dump is taken do you send it to the supplier and how do you
> know where to send it.

on solaris, theres adb, and crash.
next time your in a big bok shop, have a look for the book "Panic!" in
the sun section.  great book telling you how to start diagnosing crash
dumps.

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 Shell to DOS...Come in DOS, do you copy? Shell to DOS...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk